Self-Care. We hear it often but many times it becomes one of the last things on our priority list, sometimes to the point that we neglect self-care as a whole.
We have so many things to accomplish at times that our needs sometimes get the wayside.
We know its important but sometimes have a hard time squeezing it in to our already busy schedule.
Here is a list of simple ways you can implement self-care so that you can be the best you for you and the others in your life.
- Take a short nap
- Eat healthy
- See your physician annually
- Take a walk
- Get eight hours of sleep
- Take a vacation(or staycation)
- Take mental health days from work
- Don’t eat your lunch at your desk
- Read a book
- Take a relaxing bubble bath
- Give yourself a manicure/pedicure or better yet go get one
- Turn off your phone and relax at your favorite spot(restaurant, café, etc.)
- Go to the movies or have a movie date at home
- Seek help from a counselor when needed
- Do your favorite hobby
- If you are religious, go to church
- Get a massage
- Ask for help when you need it
- Take 10 minutes for yourself
- Do something creative (draw, paint, photography, etc.)
- Join a group that interests you
- Practice self-love
- Don’t be hard on yourself(see above)
- Laugh (ex. watch a funny movie, go to a comedy show)
- Spend time with family, friends, or pet
- Buy yourself something you’ve been wanting
- Make short-term and long term goals for yourself
- Make a vision board
- Leave work at work
- Set boundaries in work and personal life
- Take a class
- Learn to say no
- Take your vacation and sick days and don’t work over time
Well, there’s my list. Do you have any ideas or things you do to take care of yourself? I’m curious to hear other ways that you practice self-care.